Sunday, May 15, 2011

Busy, Busy

What a busy week its been!  The problem with blogging is that half the time I don't feel like I have anything going on that is worth blogging about, but then when I do have stuff going on, I don't have time to blog about it!  This past week was the latter.  

5.9  
I knew that it was going to be a long day in MadCo so I woke up early and went to the BodyPump class at BodyPlex.  Ow!  So. Much. Pain.  After school, we had the first day of cheerleading try-outs.  Even though I'm not coming back next year, part of my cheer coach duties include holding try-outs.  I taught them some Bremen cheers substituting 'devils' and 'blue' for 'Mustangs' and 'red'.  After practice I stuck around for 8th grade honors night.  What a special 8th grade class we have this year!?  I love those kids!  

5.10  
Another day of cheer practice.  That night my FCCLA kids were recognized at the school board meeting. After that I want over to the HS for their FCCLA award banquet and I got to see my favorites that I took to Nationals last year!  Love them!  It was a late night but worth it!

5.11  
I took a mental health half day off of work (honestly, not having to deal with those 7th graders would be good for anyone's mental health!) and went kayaking with Megan, Jonathan and his roommates, and some people Meg met in class.  As always, kayaking the Broad was a good time.  It took us FOREVER to get down though--there were some people in our group acting a fool! 

5.12  
Megan came to school with me!  She taught my 6th graders how to do sign language and talked to my 8th graders about how to get into a good college and how to succeed in college.  Apparently Meg's and expert.. lol.. After school were the actual cheer try-outs.  I'm so happy that so many of my FCCLA babies tried out and made the squad!  

5.13 
UGA graduation.  Ashley, Kelly, Chelsea, and Jill all graduated (and Jamie graduated from nursing school!)  I wasn't emotional at my own graduation probably because I knew that not much was changing.. I was still living with Meg, still in Athens with all my friends.  Sure I was starting a new job, and that was a transition, but I still had all my friends around!  This graduation was emotional.  We (including me) are all going our separate ways.  Chelsea is getting married, Ashley is moving back to Canton, Jill is going back to Norcross, Jamie is getting married and moving to Maryland, Kelly is getting married and moving to Florida, Katelyn has another semester left in Athens, and I'm moving to Germany!  Its the end of all of our college experiences.  These girls are truly some of the best friends I've ever had, and I'm really going to miss getting to see them whenever!  BUT, as Mama put it, its not like we are never going to see each other--it will just mean more when we do.  It does help a little knowing that we will be reunited for lots of weddings this summer--lets be real.. next weekend! 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm ready for next week to be pretty emotional as well.  Lots of lasts.  Throughout all of this though, I haven't really had second thoughts about Germany which tells me that I know its right.  Its what I'm supposed to be doing at this point in my life.  I know that I will miss everyone (friends, family, students) terribly, but I have to live my life according to His plan.  I remind myself that this (just like my MadCo job) is a God thing.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Jeremiah 29.11

No comments:

Post a Comment