Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Year's Resolutions and A Face Lift

Has it really been a month since I posted last?!  What a slacker I've been!!  My only excuse is that life has been sehr exciting this last month and I just haven't quite been able to put that excitement into words, yet.  That and there is the fact that I usually spend 2 hours of my day on a train... That tends to eat up a lot of time.  

I have started to blog about New Year’s resolutions a couple of times, but time always seems to get away from me.  Looking back, I'm pretty proud of how many of last year's I actually accomplished.  

Let the kids do their own projects (CHECK)
Have at least 2 projects advance from region (CHECK)
Have kids make it to nationals (CHECK)
Spend more time with my friends and family and less with folks in the 11-14 age range. (CHECK)
Run more, Enter races, Be competitive  (well.. oops..)
Lose 20 (10 counts right?!)
Move locations, Change jobs  (HUGE CHECK!)

I am really glad I have that list on here to look back on, so I am going to put this year’s up as well.  Better late than never, right?  Ironically enough, I’ve already fallen short on number 1, but I’m not going to beat myself up about it..

Blog more.
 Eat more whole foods and less processed crap.
Learn German.
Write more letters, thank you notes, emails, etc to the folks back home.
Run.
Find time to create.
Learn something new every day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a completely unrelated topic, do y’all like the blogs new look?*  I’m pretty pleased, but I am still tweaking things here and there.  For one who considers herself pretty html-illiterate, I was so freaking proud that I figured out how to make the buttons over there on the side!  

*Please note that the only acceptable answers to this question is ‘Yes!’ or ‘It looks like God himself designed it.’ If you don't like it, you probably just shouldn't respond.. just being honest.  

1 comment:

  1. Okay I am going to put this down for December 2012 and get lessons from you!

    ReplyDelete