Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Weekend Update

Oh the joys of moving. Just a warning, this one will be a rambling mess..

All last week, I worked on organizing all my stuff and dividing it up into the going home group and the going to Germany group.  The military will pay for Mareike and Stefan to have 500lbs of air freight, which will arrive in like 2-3 weeks, and then they can also ship stuff, which will arrive in about 6 weeks.   Thankfully they offered for me to put my stuff in with theirs to get it over there—though I have no idea how it will be making it back.  I also had to inventory everything that was going and assign values to it.  Not going to lie... my OCD kind of loved it and the whole process was actually pretty fun. 

Saturday morning Mareike and Stefan were having a yard sale to sell the stuff that they didn’t want to take with them and the electrical appliances that wouldn’t work over there.  Even though all their signs said that the sale started at 8am, that didn’t stop someone from showing up at 6:30 and waking up Little Man… uh uh not cool.  The yard sale went pretty well and pretty much everything sold!  After that Mareike headed to the hair salon and Stefan and Bennet went to his friend’s garage to work on the chump car so that means that I had the house to myself to watch Dawgs kill the Gators!

There is little in the world that is better than beating Florida.  I was a little nervous early in the game and extremely frustrated with Blair Walsh, but we pulled it out!!  Thankfully Florida was as penalty happy as we usually are. 

photo via Megan Wright
That night Mareike and Stefan had their Farewell Dinner with the German community, so I was watching Little Man.  After dinner and getting ready for bed, he and I curled up on the couch with some apple juice and cider, respectively, and watched a little bit of Hocus Pocus.  That is why people have kids I’m pretty sure—the cuddle time. 

Sunday we packed up the cars and moved our stuff into our temporary on-base housing.  It feels like we are at camp.  The bathrooms make you want to wear shower shoes, and the house smells like damp.  BUT there is a bed, kitchen, TV, and we now have internet, so I’m not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment