Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gedanken #2

Another middle school basketball game, another random post...

#1  I have a confession.  I HATE coaching basketball cheerleading.  Now, everyone probably knows it by now, but just in case you weren't sure.. I really hate it.  Its not the girls--I love them.  Its not the basketball players--I like them.  Its not the actual cheering part--They don't suck too bad.  Its the time.  It sucks up SO MUCH time. I keep telling myself I just have to make it through the season.  I know that I can do it, but I mean.. I'm equating it with Girl Scout camp on the hatred scale.  For those that don't know about the girl scout camp experience, it is also about at the same level as Dan Rad.  I would make a chart for you but I don't have Word, yet.    Oh well.  I was hoping that we would be able to get out of cheering the tournament which would make today our last game.. Alas, my head was nearly bitten off for suggesting such an atrocity.. Imagine, cheerleaders not wasting their time when the team could really care less. So anyway, we are cheering Saturday.  It will literally be a 12 hour day for me on Saturday.  I'm not paid enough for this shit.  I miss my puppy!

the stinker.

Another reason I'm hating having to spend my time on cheerleading is because I'm a month late starting on FCCLA projects.  Our region competition is March 12.  We haven't even STARTED.. I'm feeling the pressure. Freaking FCCLA.

I know.. I asked to be a cheerleading coach.. I wanted to do it sooo bad, but as my mother reminds me life is all about having experiences and learning from those experiences.  As Ms. Frizzle would say... "Take Chances, Make Mistakes, Get Messy".  I have learned from this experience that I don't want to coach.  Yes, I love cheerleading, but I think that it is best left in the past.  Perhaps at another point in my life I might want to try coaching football or competitive cheerleading, but at the the moment the outlook isn't good.  Bless the girls hearts, they keep asking about next year.  Since I'm not telling anyone what I'm doing next year until all the details are worked out (the big announcement will be sometime in Feb), I just smile.  I'm crap at keeping this big of a secret!  Its killing me.. I know I'm going to crack at some point.

#2  I guess I could have written about this Sunday, but I was too busy introducing y'all to Bennet and showing you me crafty work.  I ran 4 miles on Sunday.. FOUR MILES!  without stopping.  or dying.  I'm most proud of that second one.  This summer I couldn't run 1 mile without stopping, let alone without dying.  Best of all was my time.  39 min!!  That is under 10 min per mile!! Barely, but it is..

#3   Saturday when I was running guess what came on ABC Family.. You'll never guess it so just give up..

Boy.  Meets. World!!!!!!!!!
Its the little things in life that make me happy!

#4  I L. O. V. E. this outfit...  but will never own it..
Anthropologie  $600
I loved the print on the skirt part and was hunting all around the website for the skirt, BUT guess what... Its a dress!  Its a strapless dress that they just put the lace pullover over.  How smart!!  and so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment