Saturday, January 22, 2011

Gedanken

Oh middle school basketball... Without it, when would I blog? I will say that I'm glad I have found an enjoyable way to pass the time, because honestly it might be the most boring thing I've ever had to sit through.. But I digress.. Here is what I'm thinking about this lovely Saturday I get to spend sitting in my spot (which I'm surprised hasn't developed an impression of my butt yet) on the bleachers that are made of the hardest plastic known to man.

#1 Middle schoolers don't know how to think. I don't know if it is a maturity issue or just a generational difference, but I'm pretty sure that even when I was in middle school I had problem solving skills. Its like their brains shut down when faced with a problem. They are so used to having something to reference (computer, phone) that they have to ask someone how to solve the simplest of questions.  We are doing them a disservice to just answer them.

#2 I'm looking for some new stud earrings.. I know what I want but I haven't seen them anywhere.
I have found a drawer pull that looks like the earrings that I want.. Just reasonably smaller.. I don't think I want drawer pulls hanging from my ears..
This is the drawer pull.  Obvio I want them a bit smaller.
#3 I also need black boots. I just got a new pair of cowboy boots (RIP other ones.. wherever you are). They are dark brown and I was hoping that I could get away with wearing them with black. Alas, I can't. I look horribly fashion challenged and color blind to boot (pun very much intended). However, I'm picky about boots. They need to be flats because anything with a heel will quickly find a home in the back of my closet. Height is another issue. It needs to be taller than an ankle boot so it doesn't look stupid when I tuck in jeans, but it can't go above mid-calf because of my massive calves. Its a challenge..
These are kind of what I'm looking for and the price is right, but they are a bit too tall.  

I love these!  I mean, they aren't professional, but they sure do look comfy!  However, the price is wrong Bob.
#4 I never thought these words would come out of my mouth (or well, fingers) BUT.. I want jeggings. Or at least a dark wash pair of skinny jeans.. My current obsession with light gray tops paired with the fact that the only pair of skinny jeans I own are a super light wash and are also distressed (making them uber unprofessional) really makes this a need, not a want. I tried on a few pairs at Target but none of them spoke to me.. Well they did speak but they didn't say what I wanted them to say.. I'm thinking I need to run for a few more centuries before I can pull off jeggings. I'm thinking that better quality denim might be the trick, because I really like the skinny jeans I have now (bought at LOFT for.. get ready.. $13), but I just can't bring myself to drop bank on the ones I want.
Banana Republic $90

Gap $70
#5 I don't feel like I can afford to get numbers 2-4 because I really NEED Rosetta Stone. I'll tell y'all why next month, but needless to say that it is becoming more and more of a certain need. Do you know how expensive it is!? All 5 levels are like $750 which is definitely the best deal, but I know know if that is over kill. Is it really as good as the reviews? I would love to hear from any of y'all that have actually tried it! I'm also toying with the idea of just doing the online access thing instead of getting the software.. Its a lot cheaper, but then mama and daddy couldn't use it too. I also don't know if it teaches all the same stuff. Feedback is much welcomed!

#6 Deja vu is the weirdest thing ever. I had never experienced it before this year. I had heard people talking about it, but I just didn't buy that it actually happened. It happens all the time now, and its so weird. It usually happens at school so i think that it happens because everything is such a routine. The same thing happens every 9 weeks so I guess the same situations are bound to present themselves, but it is still weird.

#7 I love babies! Which is a good thing considering that at some point I want lots of them. One of my favorites of my cheerleaders has a sister that is MUCH older than her. This sister recently (like in August) had a baby and she brought it to the game today, so I got to hold her and play! I think that it is sad that that is my favorite part about coaching.. getting to play with little brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews.

No comments:

Post a Comment