Friday, July 8, 2011

Back to Reality

The last sea day was spent much like the first (minus the mixology contest).  I had finished both of the books I had brought to read (The Host and the first book in the Hunger Games series—both of which I highly recommend) so on my way up to Serenity I stopped at the ships library and got the book about Christian the Lion. I had seen the YouTube video of the reunion so I was interested in reading the story about how they raised a lion in a London furniture store!  It turned out to be the perfect, uplifiting book for our last day! 

The whole disembarking process went really quickly so we were on the road a lot earlier that expected.  Mama and Daddy were dropping me off in Warner Robins on the way back because that night it was Kelly’s wedding.  Since we had so much time to kill we decided to make a detour and have lunch on River Street in Savannah.  After my delicious crab cake, we went to the candy kitchen (because you can’t go to Savannah without getting a praline…it’s a crime) and the peanut shop which had Paula Deen’s AMAZING salt mix that makes green beans taste PERFECT!  It’s the little things in life.. =)

We eventually made our way to Warner Robins and Mama and Daddy dropped me at Katelyn’s house so I could get ready and meet up with the rest of the group.  Kelly’s wedding was gorgeous.  It’s the first Catholic wedding I’ve been to where they did a full mass.  It was good to see that I remember a good bit of what to say from my Catholic days =)  I loved her flowers and all the little burlap touches she incorporated!  The reception was at the Terminal in downtown Macon.  It was a great airy space that used to be a train station.  They had a few tables set up, but most of the seating was on the benches that people would have sat on while waiting for trains.  They had a great live band and a super fun photo booth!  They had a two different favors for their guests—a candy bar and koozies!!  Best part.. I FINALLY got wedding cake!  Key Lime Cake to be specific.  I was one happy girl!  After their send-off we all went back to Katelyn’s and kept the party going.  Until 6 am.. This DD was SO TIRED, but it was worth it to get to hang out with my friends!  I sure am going to miss them!
Me, Michele, and Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment