Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wasting Away Again in Margaritaville

When we awoke the next day we were docked in Cozumel, Mexico. A lot of my friends that had cruised before told me that they never really did excursions, but since it was my families first time cruising and we love organized trips we did excursions at each port.  We had a list of things we wanted to do on vacation so we tried to pick excursions that combined those things.  

In Cozumel we were participating in the Amazing Cozumel Race.  Most of y’all know I would give anything to be on, obsessed with, kinda like the show Amazing Race, so this was super fun for me and my dad.  My mom isn’t quite as competitive as us but she had a great time as well.  They taxied us to the downtown area where we got our first clue and we were off!  I can’t remember the exact order of things but these are some of the things that we did at some point:

We went to the Cozumel History Museum and did a scavenger hunt to find our next clue.
Dad got a henna tattoo that was our next clue.
We snorkeled to find out the name of the sunken ship which would lead us to our next clue.
We had to play a round of putt putt to get our next clue.
We ran by a school when the kids were getting out.  (This had nothing to do with the race.. it was just precious and so authentic!)

The race ended at a little restaurant that was basically a pavilion with a kitchen.  We ended up coming in 5th but the time difference between the top 5 teams was pretty close!  Whatever, I got guacamole and a free pina colada—I was happy!

After the award ceremony we made our way to Margaritaville (on the suggestions of Katelyn Heck—thanks Katelyn!)  They had a bunch of inflatable out on the water including…A TRAMPOLINE!!  I was so excited!!  My cover up was off and I was on the trampoline in less than  5 min.  After that we climbed a few of the other things but then showered off and Mama and I split a big slice of Key Lime Pie…delicious!

I got to jump on a trampoline!! 
Mom on top of the slide you had to climb up.
Back on the ship for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. LOOOOOOVE the Amazing Race! I'm totally game if you ever need a partner on the show!:)

    ReplyDelete