Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Mother is Always Right.. Most of the Time

That next weekend was Jamie’s wedding, but before the wedding I had to go to a planning session for YTC (Youth Training Conference for those non-Y Clubbers out there).  I’m on College Alumni Staff for Y-Club and was psyched that I was able to help plan.  The conference is going to be AMAZING!

My friend Sandy was also going se we decided to ride together despite my mom’s warnings that I might be pushed for time.  The planning session was is Macon and I had timed it out so that when the planning session was over at 11 I could make it home by 1 to drop Sandy off and then make it to Jamie’s wedding by 4 (It started at 5).  Well the traffic gods were not shining on us that day.  First issue was that we left Macon about 30 minutes later than expected.  Then while we were no more than 20 min down the road we hit a parking lot traffic.  By the time traffic finally cleared up I knew that my mother was right…there was no way I was going to be able to go home, drop Sandy, and make it to Chota Falls even by 5.  Thank goodness my wonderful mother was there to save the day!  She met us in Atlanta, delivered my dress for the wedding, and took Sandy home—all without an “I told you so”.  My mother is an angel.

I changed in the bathroom at Target at Atlantic Station and did my hair in the bathroom at a Zaxby’s somewhere in Habersham County.  I made it to Jamie’s wedding with time to kill.  Chota Falls is BEAUTIFUL as was Jamie.  I don’t throw this around lightly but in my opinion, it was about as close to a perfect wedding as you can get!  Maybe it’s just because I love the couple so much!  The reception was ridiculous!  Great food, beautiful cake (though I’m still bitter about the fact that I was too busy dancing and forgot didn’t get any!) and really fun DJ. They had all these props for the photo booth (that bless her heart didn’t show up), so instead we just all wore them while we were dancing.  Crazy good time!
Love you Jamie and Jeff!  I hope Baltimore is great!

The next day was Susie’s shower.  I made it home in time to change and make it to that one! =) Susie and I cheered together forever!  She and her fiancé, Corey, are pretty much the sweetest couple ever!  Susie has picked my favorite color scheme for the wedding (yellow and blue) which she says isn’t because Corey went to Tech, but I’m not so sure.  Just kidding.. those are great colors!  She got a ton of great gifts.  Her china is beautiful yellow fiesta ware with a blue and white toile patterned salad plate on top.  I may or may not be stealing that idea in 10 years when I get married.  I made them a plaque with their last name (Coats) on it that I of course forgot to take a picture of!  It was a great shower except that I forgot to didn’t get cake there either.

All in all it was a great, love filled weekend!  I love wedding season!  Next time, the cruise...

No comments:

Post a Comment