Monday, August 29, 2011

Nashville and Megan's Apartment

Y’all are almost caught up!  Only 2 more adventures to update before I can move onto life lately!  There is light at the end of the tunnel! 

At the beginning of August, I took Memommy and D’Daddy up to Nashville for a little mini vacation.  We stayed at the Opryland Hotel which is, in my opinion, one of the coolest hotels!  While we were up there I took them to the Country Music Hall of Fame and they went to the Grand Ol Opry.  All in all it was a good time! 


That next weekend Megan and Jonathan were moving into their new apartment so I coerced them into letting me volunteered to help decorate it!  Megan had bought some furniture and some new bedding, but other than that our budget was virtually non-existent so the challenge was to decorate a whole apartment on about $50 and what we had.  Challenging, but FUN!  Here is what we came up with!

Kitchen

Living Area
 Curtains and valance were made from a $10 sheet from Wal-Mart!  I also painted the art on either side of that great clock that Meg had!

Art work opposite the couch wall.
 I painted these pieces on either side of the dandelion picture too.  

Megan's room before

Megan's room after!
 We used the painted wall paper tutorial found here but we blew the template up to 18x24 and went with a single line.  The bedding is from Target.

Great Craigslist find!  $30 for this dresser.
Which I turned into this dresser a la here!
This is opposite the bed..
Bark shelving
 The letters (50 cents each at Hobby Lobby) are wrapped with fuzzy gray yarn.  
Prints via pinterest here and here, frames were $2 at Wal-Mart.  
The bark is from the woods.  God made it, I just turned it into a shelf.

Ruffle Curtains
 I made these out of a $10 sheet from Wal-Mart and some scraps of blue fabric.  

Ruffle Pillow
 Can you tell we like ruffles?  I used this tutorial, that same blue fabric from the curtains, and a fabulous linen that matches the bedding! 

My first adventure in upholstery. 
I recovered Megan's desk chair with the same blue fabric.  The fabric that was there was neutral and pretty but Roo (her cat) had pretty much destroyed it.  We are hoping that this fabric will hold up a little better!  

What do y'all think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment