Sunday, August 7, 2011

NLC 2011: Day 2--LA Tour

The next day we woke up bright and early to meet the bus for our tour of Los Angeles.  This was the only tour that we were doing through FCCLA so I was kind of anxious.  Being the control freak I am, I really wanted a schedule of the tour.  I wanted to know where we were stopping and what all we would get to see, but alas, I got nothin’.


As our tour began our tour guide introduced himself.  Despite not remembering his name, I do know that he was an older gentleman (I’m guessing mid to late sixties) who really loved, and knew a lot about, the arts and music (classical, NOT modern).  I also know what he didn't know about—anything that middle schoolers and high schoolers would find remotely interesting.  Our bus driver on the other hand was awesome!  He was in his late twenties or early thirties and was very knowledgeable about the celebrities that my kids cared about—you know, the important ones like Beyonce and Linsday Lohan. 

To be honest, I kind of tuned out the tour guide.  I had never heard of most of the people he mentioned.  Not only did the kids not care about the stuff he was talking about, but I didn’t either.  I did listen to the driver though.  The first place of interest that he pointed out was Lindsay Lohan’s home/previous home.

LA Women's Correctional Facility
Told you he was good.  After we got into LA, we went to the Chinese Theater, saw all the hand prints, and the stars on the walk of fame.  Then we walked through the little shopping area past the Kodak Theater (where they hold the Academy Awards) to a place where we would have been able to see the Hollywood sign if it hadn’t been ridiculously cloudy that day.  We took pictures regardless because if you zoom in a lot you can kind of see it.


Obvio my favorite ones there!


If you zoom in its there!  

After that we got back on the bus and drove through Beverly Hills and saw Rodeo Dr.  A few of the kids were real disappointed that they didn’t get to get off the bus on Rodeo, but I explained that the cheapest thing on that street was probably over a hundred dollars and they shut up.  I, on the other hand, remained disappointed.  I completely get them not wanting a bus load of kids walking around there, but come on... the adults have money!  Oh well.. c’est la vie!


After our driving tour we went to Universal to have lunch at Hard Rock Café which we were pleasantly surprised was already paid for!  That totally made up for having to eat fries instead of my usual salad!  Life’s tough..


After lunch we loaded back up and went to the Disney Concert Hall.  The tour guide talked a lot about the different shows and performances they have, but as you probably realized by now I tuned him out.  Instead, I took lots of pictures of my girls! 




That was followed by a driving tour of the Mission District which I’m sad to say I slept through (the sleep deprivation was too much for me at this point).  From what Mama told me, it’s probably best that I did or else I most likely would have made him stop the bus so that my girls could go work a soup kitchen line or something.

We made it back in time to change and go to all our official FCCLA meetings that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment