Saturday, August 20, 2011

YTC: “Is aquaculture an option?”


About a week after I got back from California, I headed back to Athens to pick up some kids to take to YTC.  

At the beginning of last school year, Mr. Boggs okayed me starting a Y-Club for the next school year (this one).  When I resigned, I made sure that I could still start one if I found someone to sponsor it.  Luckily I coerced found a willing sponsor so MCMS could have one.  However, the new sponsor wasn’t going to be able to take the kiddos to YTC, so since I was going to be there anyway, I volunteered to take the kids.  Not only was I taking kids to the conference, I also had CAS responsibilities!  Not going to lie.. I was a little worried about how I was going to balance it all, but it worked out beautifully.  

My girls made friends quite quickly and they were much more interested in hanging out with them rather than me.  Perf!  I ended up teaching the Secretary class and the Leadership Academy classes.  Josh and I (lets be real, mostly Josh) also ended up being the NE Bedlam Ball coaches.  If I couldn’t play then getting to coach was second best!  I think that the weekend is best described with pictures so here it goes!

At the 'Rave'

After participating in one of the games

My Leadership Academy class

Taylor planking

My little zebra girl athletes!  
NE Bedlam Ball is serious business.. 
CONA kids and our Purity Balls


No comments:

Post a Comment