Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mr. Coffee... The Other Man in My Life

Sorry for the lack of blogging yesterday.  Little man had a rather fussy day.  He has been a bit constipated (read: hadn’t pooped since Monday) BUT his little body worked through it and had not one, not two, but THREE big poops!  These are the things you get excited about with a 1 year old and the stuff that y’all get to read about =)

My plan for yesterday was to talk about my dependency on love of coffee.  You see, I’m a ‘don’t even talk to me before I have my first sip of coffee’ person.  Once I was running late for school and didn’t have time to make any coffee.  I guess I was being rather impatient with my first period class because one of my favorite little girls came up and asked if she could go get me a cup of coffee.  True story—and I did let her.  Anyway, I digress.  When I got here Monday, they were showing me around the kitchen and pointed out that they didn’t have a regular coffee maker, just an overwhelmingly complicated espresso machine.  Of course they said they’d show me how to use it but then we got busy doing other stuff.  I woke up Tueday and realized that I didn’t have a way to make coffee, but it was okay because I had a DC in the fridge.  Generally, if I can’t get coffee, Diet Coke is my next best option.  So I have my daily dose of caffeine, all is right with the world, and I go about my day.  Completely forgot to ask how to use the espresso maker that night. 

Then came Wednesday.  I woke up Wednesday with no means of making coffee OR a DC.  How did I let that happen?!  So I stumble through my morning, having my first homesick/call Mama balling spell since I actually got here (Sunday so doesn’t count).  That’s when I decided that I just needed a coffee maker so I could just have regular coffee and my yummy, yummy sugar free vanilla caramel non-dairy creamer.  So after spending a good 30 min trying to figure out how the heck I was supposed to put this car seat in my car (note to Pilot owners—the posts for the latch system are BEHIND your middle row of seats), we head out to the wonderful world of Wal-Mart.  (Don’t worry. I do still hate Wal-Mart but I couldn’t pass up an opportunity for such alliteration.)  This was my first trip to the circus that is Wal-Mart with a small child.  You know what I learned?
  
A) Everyone doesn’t think that Little Man’s babbling is as cute as I do especially when he hits that octave only dogs can hear.  
B) Never go into a store without some toy to distract him with.  My sunglasses were the casualty of that mistake.  
C)  Apparently I do look old enough to have a 1 year old.  I will be wearing my ring on the left hand from here on out just so people don’t think I’m a heathen.

But let me tell you, that cup of coffee Thursday morning was so worth it.  It might have been the best I’ve ever had.  Oh the difference a cup of coffee can make.  


I was in such a good mood and it was such a beautiful breezy day that we went to the park and took a 2 hour walk!  

The first Little Man was ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment