Monday, September 19, 2011

What I Made Monday


On Monday, I worked on the quilt a bit.  I am taking cutting the extra fabric at a slow pace so I doing get overwhelmed.  Before I left for Texas, I spent an ENTIRE DAY cutting out the pieces I already had only to figure out I really needed about double that.  Needless to say I was a bit discouraged and REALLY not looking forward to more cutting.  So I’m taking it slow.  But that’s not all I did that day…I also made dinner!  Here is my Spin Art Pasta!  I found the recipe on Pinterest a la.  I’ve made it with penne (as you can see) but I’ve also made it to put on orzo.  I’m pretty sure you could put that sauce on anything and it would be delicious! 



Tuesday, I got a little fabric cutting done during nap time. 

Wednesday, I finished a couple more rows for the quilt.  It’s really cool seeing the design begin to develop.  4 rows down… 15 more to go! 


On Thursday, I made Little Man a koozie (a la) for his MooTubes (aka GoGurt).  That boy loves some yogurt so  this week we tried them out to see if he could do it himself.  He can!  For the most part… I’m not saying we didn’t end up with yogurt everywhere, but he seems to get the concept. 


I’m kind of cheating for Friday.  Friday was a bit crazy.  I had my first yoga class, so I was out all morning.  When I got back Little Man had had like a 30 min nap and some yogurt so he definitely wasn’t going to nap/eat at our normal time.  We walked, we ate, we fell asleep at the table, we screamed for a solid 15 min when I put him in the crib (I’m telling you NO creativity can happen when a baby is screaming..), we gave in and got him up, we ate the rest of our lunch, we played, we played, we played…  The boy WOULD NOT go to sleep.

Worth it?  I think so... 
Therefore, no real creativity happened that day, BUT I did try a new braid that I have been wanting to try.  I was so excited for my class!  I seriously felt like it was the first day of school and of course I wanted to make a good impression!  So I rocked the braid.  It was a hit—I got compliments!!  =)


Saturday, Mareike and I visited the Hob Lob.  I was on the charm aisle getting something for Sunday’s project when I spotted a pretty pair of charms that were 50% off.  They didn’t really serve the purpose for the other project BUT they would make great earrings!  So for $1.25, I scooped them up!  I already had the earring things so for $1.25 and about a minute of work, I had a brand new pair of earrings!  



That afternoon while I was watching football/pinning I saw this tute for a rosette bracelet.  This is the kind of jewelry I'd see in a store and love but wouldn't buy because I couldn't convince myself that I'd actually wear it.  BUT I figured if I made it out of the scraps from my quilt it was basically free and then I could see if I would actually wear it or not!  It was also a great project to do while watching football!  I changed mine a bit from the tutorial.  I actually just forgot to put the felt on the bottom, but it seems fine without it.  I also added a snap closure because I knew that there was no way I was going to be able to tie a pretty bow with one hand. I had a bit of the yellow fab left over so I just tied a pretty bow and put it on the opposite side of the snap to hide the ugly stitches.


Sunday, I set to work on this tutorial from one of my new favorite DIY blog finds, Sweet Verbena!  I always have like 15 pens, pencils, highlighters, etc in my purse at any given time and while I try to keep them organized in the little pouches they tend to fall out.  This case was the perfect solution although it would also be fabulous for make up brushes, hiding those feminine items that are always floating around in the purse, etc.  So cute and relatively easy!  This was my first foray into actually 'quilting' something and it was super easy!   SO without further ado... here is my pencil case!



No comments:

Post a Comment