Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fort Worth Zoo + The Deal of the Century

This past weekend we headed down to Dallas.  Mareike had to pick up the crates that they are using to ship their motorcycles early on Saturday morning, so we decided that staying overnight was probably the best bet.  Once in Dallas on Friday night we made a shopping detour to Southlake.  While she was exchanging something at NY&Co I decided to take a stroll through Anthro.  There was nothing I needed per say, but I did want to check out their sale stuff.  As I walked in there was a sign that all of their sale stuff was an additional 40% off the lowest marked sale price. Oh happy day!!

As I made my way back I saw that this coat that I spotted there a month ago (and fell completely in love with) was now on clearance.


While I did need a fashionable raincoat for Germany, this jacket's original $288 price tag is the only reason I didn't buy it the minute I saw it. It was now marked down to $150, but wait... take an additional 40% off of that, so it was $90.  On top of all that, I still had $30 left on my gift card.  I got this $288 jacket for $60!!
Super excited!

The next day, after Mareike got the crates, we went to the Montgomery Street Antique Mall where I may of may not have gotten some Christmas presents.  Then it was off the the zoo.  

Most people who know me know that I love animals and that I love, LOVE zoos.  Yes it makes me a little sad that these animals aren't getting to live in their natural environment (and bad zoos that don't take care of their animals make me down right furious), but the Fort Worth Zoo was FABULOUS!  Great habitats and the animals were really well taken care of.  The Little Man loves most animals (except small yippy dogs) and, though he was super tired, was fascinated.  He kept waving and saying hi to each animal we saw.  He is such a cutie!   Without further ado, here are the pictures!


Love was definitely in the air.  We saw orangutans kissing under a sheet and some bears making out!










No comments:

Post a Comment