Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wordy Wednesdays: The Cheater Edition

I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but before we move to Germany we have to pack up all the Greiler's stuff (sofa, cars, beds, etc) and ship it over there.. That also means that we have to make do without those things until we get to Germany.  Since that is obviously impossible to do in the house we are currently in, we are moving on base into a furnished house that is set up for precisely these occasions.  This is happening next Tuesday, so things are kind of crazy around here at the moment.  I have yet to start packing because once I pack my craft stuff I won't be unpacking it until Germany, so I have been in a mad rush to finish Christmas (presents and wrapping).  I have also been too inspired by stuff on Pinterest to let Halloween pass without any crafting at all, so I knocked out two Halloween projects in the last two days.  (Next Monday's WIMM is going to ROCK!)

All that said, I haven't opened Rosetta Stone once in the past week.  I KNOW... I really need to get on it. In less than 5 weeks, I will be getting a rude awakening as to how little I really know.   Even more immediately, I am going to a Halloween party with a bunch of Germans on Monday and all I will be able to do is tell them that the table is made of plastic... not the most interesting conversation and they are likely to think I'm crazy.  Ah!  At least once my craft stuff is packed I won't really have anything to do but Rosetta Stone (...and Pinterest) so hopefully I will be able to buckle down and get on it.  But without further ado or any more excuses here is my Wordy Wednesday based completely on things I knew before this week...


Word I’m loving right now:
 Herbst

Word that makes me giggle:
langsam

Word that sounds gross:
Karotte
okay... maybe it doesn't sound gross, but it is gross...

Word that I can never pronounce properly:
Schlüssel

Word that is the same as English (except for pronunciation, of course):
Park

Word I want to learn more about its origins:
Schlüssel and Schüsseln
WHY are they so similar?!

Ridiculous things that Rosetta Stone thinks I need to know:
Der Tisch ist aus Plastik.

And here is a link to GoogleTranslate...
Go learn some German...maybe I will as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment