Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wordy Wednesdays

For anyone who has tried learning a second language, you know that there are certain words that just stick out to you.  It could be that maybe they are ugly, silly, or just so hard to pronounce you never what to have to say them, but everyone has those words.  In an effort to give me a kick me in the booty to actually practice my German more (because apparently the fact that I will be living there in 6 weeks isn't enough), I am starting a new series on the blog...


Each Wednesday I'll tell y'all about the fun (and not so fun) words I learned the previous week.  So here we go!

Word I’m loving right now:
 Zahnbürste


Word that makes me giggle:
schmutzig

Word that sounds gross:
Jacke

Word that I can never pronounce properly:
Entschuldigen
which is extremely unfortunate because it is kind of needed to be polite...

Word that is the same as English (except for pronunciation, of course):
Restaurant
and I can NEVER get the German pronunciation right...

Word I want to learn more about its origins:
Schmuck

Ridiculous things that Rosetta Stone thinks I need to know:
Die alte Frau unterrichtet Arabisch.

And here is a link to GoogleTranslate... Happy learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment